We have been requested to post the following advertisement. If you are interested in the role, please do not contact the AGiG, but instead send an e-mail to Amal Omar-Barre (a.Omarbarre@messe.org).
CLOSERSTILL MEDIA GROUP
Background to CloserStill
CloserStill Media runs market leading business exhibitions in the healthcare and technology sectors. We have events in London, Birmingham, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Koln, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. Our portfolio includes some of the fastest growing, and often award winning, events including the London Vet Show, Cloud Expo Europe, Data Centre World, The Pharmacy Show, Learning Technologies and The Dentistry Show.
In February 2018, CloserStill featured in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for list. We have also ranked in the top 100 in the last three Sunday Times International Track listings of Britain’s companies with the fastest growing international sales and in 2017 were listed in the Financial Times FT1000 Index as the fastest growing exhibition organiser and one of the fastest growing companies of any kind in Europe.
In the last seven years, CloserStill has been repeatedly recognised as a leading innovator with its people, teams and events winning multiple awards (over 30 in total) including Best Marketing – five years in succession – Best Trade Show, Best Launch Exhibition, Best Marketing Campaign, Best Brand Extension, Industry Rising Star – two years in succession – Best Operations team, Best Sales Person and Management Team of the Year. CloserStill was voted the ‘Most Respected Company of the Year’ at the 2016 Association of Event Organisers Excellence Awards.
Our mission is to launch or acquire and then run the single best events in any market we operate in. To work in sectors and geographies we are proud to do business in, and to operate with integrity. To develop our people and teams to be recognisably the best in the industry, and provide them with opportunities to grow as fast as they can professionally. And ultimately to deliver the best possible value for all our customers and stakeholders and deliver great experiences for everyone involved in our events.
Our team now numbers over 200 in offices spread across The UK, France , Germany, the USA, Hong Kong and Singapore. As we continue to grow and develop the business we are interested in speaking to talented and passionate people who want to build a career in events.
In December 2018 CloserStill was acquired by Providence Equity Partners – This gives CloserStill the opportunity to continue to grow over the next 3-5 years and gives an exciting opportunity to anyone involved in the business. Since the acquisition by Providence CloserStill Acquired Spring Messe – the leading German HR events provider. There are now 4 Germany companies: the holding company, Spring Messe, OEB Learning Technologies Europe GmbH (Online Educa Berlin is the annual global, cross-sector conference on digital learning and training) and Big Data World Europe GmbH (organisers of Big Data & AI World Frankfurt). There is significant potential for further growth. The role of Financial Controller – Germany is an exciting new role with an opportunity to join a growing finance department as part of a highly profitable growth company in the exhibition industry.
Leading Finance Role responsible for all German accounting reporting to the Group Finance Director, with responsibility for external and internal reporting, month end forecasts and budgets, taxes and all transaction accounting, including cash flow management and payroll.
The duties will include:
- Management and development of 4 employees
- Review processes and controls over all financial areas such as petty cash compliance / payroll process / PO process/ Capex compliance – recommend and implement agreed improvements.
- Prepare monthly accounts for submission to group supported by commentary, KPIs and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for all external reporting, including statutory accounting (HGB)
- Continued compliance with government regulations and legislation
- Annual consolidated management accounts and submissions to external parties.
- Maintain the forecast and budget model for cash flow, Balance Sheet.
- Lead on GDPR updates from Finance, working with IT data team,
- Support on group audit and collaborate with group auditors to ensure efficient year end audit and compliance with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Owner of all other outsourced finance support i.e payroll, overseas VAT,
- Perform the role of Finance Business Partner for the CSM Germany management team
- Ensure the Terms and Conditions are adhered to in collection on legal matters arising.
- Support and development of Purchase ledger function, control of Purchase Order processing, employee expenses, ownership of accuracy of invoice processing and supplier management
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported and tax reported accurately
- Cashflow management and reporting including management of cash by territory
- Cashflow forecasting including annual budget, updating forecasts and accurate 13 week forecasting
- Intercompany reconciliations working with group controller
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting processes,
- Report to the Finance Director with timely and accurate financial information
- Adhoc duties as required. This is an evolving role, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to mould and develop the role and profile within the business
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to gain the trust, confidence and respect of colleagues.
- Strong technical accounting skills (knowledge of IFRS and HGB), with direct & proven experience, knowledge, and passion for developing accounting and business systems and processes in a hands-on way.
- Ability to prioritize, think on your feet and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Solution-orientated with a proactive “can do” attitude, instilling a sense of pace and urgency into the organization, and willing to delve into the detail
- Confident in financial modelling and previous experience of working in a similar sized business.
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office, ERP and BI)
- Team leadership, training and delegation skills, but with the ability to roll sleeves up when necessary.
- Ability to maximize efficient usage of financial information systems.
- Knowledge and passion for developing and automating processes, looking to make efficiencies leaving more time for business support / added value actions.
- Experience of cash management and strong forecasting skills with the ability to deliver against agreed forecasts.
- Ability to recognize challenges or opportunities with the confidence and gravitas to communicate and challenge the wider business
- Be able to drive focus on issues by delivery of value adding information and analysis and the confidence to deliver
- Efficient in producing professional reports and analyzing information to support decision making.
- This will not be a 9am to 5pm job and may require some long days and regular travel to London
- Be organized and deliver to required and challenging deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize whilst at the same time manage stakeholder expectations
- Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity.
- Aware of other people and environment and own impact on these.
- Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
- Acts as a role model. Anticipates and plans for change. Communicates a vision to a team.
- Able to make full and best use of subordinate, providing appropriate support
- Integrity – Ability to maintain job related, social, organisational and ethical norms.
- Command of both written and spoken German and English to at least negotiating level
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified Accountant, minimum 3 years PQE
- Strong academic record and a clear, structured thinker.
- Experience of Managing a team
- Experience of cash management and VAT reporting
- Proven track record of delivery of value adding information
- In depth fundamental experience and knowledge of cash book, purchase ledger, sales ledger at manager level