We have been requested to post an advertisement for a Finance Officer for a company based in Oldenburg. If you are interested in the role, please use link to the Avery Dennison’s job page (link below):
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and digital identification solutions company that provides branding and information labeling solutions, including pressure-sensitive materials, radio-frequency identification (RFID) inlays and tags, and a variety of converted products and solutions. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of labeling and functional materials that enhance branded packaging, carry or display information that connects the physical and the digital, and improve customers’ product performance. The company serves an array of industries worldwide, including home and personal care, apparel, e-commerce, logistics, food and grocery, pharmaceuticals and automotive. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2022 were $9.0 billion.
Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Headquartered in Almere, The Netherlands, Thermopatch is a global market leader in textile identification labels, decals, and transfers for workwear, sportswear, fashion, and promotional wear. Recently acquired by Avery Dennison, the company employs around 200 employees in Europe, located across 5 countries
As a Finance Officer, you will be responsible for supporting the financial operations of Thermopatch. Your primary role will be to manage and oversee various financial aspects, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency in all financial transactions and processes. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, providing financial insights, analysis, and recommendations to support strategic decision-making
The integration of Thermopatch’s finance operations into Avery Dennison’s system presents a huge challenge and you can be at the heart of this exciting event. It provides you with a unique opportunity to gain international (global) experience and offers you opportunities for a quick push of your career.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and budget vs. actual analysis.
- Analyze financial data, and production results, identify trends, and provide insights to relevant stakeholders to facilitate informed decision-making
- Costing and transfer pricing policy
- Preparation of payroll, credit control and purchasing
- MWST declaration as well as ICL and intrastat
- Liaise with financial managers of business units in, France, UK, Netherlands and Poland
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, standards, and relevant regulations
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar position
- Fluent in German with good English in speech and writing
- knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O and/or Hyperion or similar ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle etc. No extensive experience with this? No worries, that’s what training is for!
- Willingness to travel as required for business purposes.
- Proficiency in Excel or google sheets
- Analytical and numerically savvy, able to make complex matters simple and convert them into improvement actions
To apply for this position, please click HERE
(Please note that the job is labelled as “Senior Accountant” on the job page)