Myriam Madden has had extensive Executive and Non-Executive experience and she is currently building her portfolio of Non-Executive Director roles.
Myriam is an experienced Director of Finance, specialising in finance and operational transformation across a broad range of organisations in the public sector, financial services and internationally in a global blue-chip company. She has a strong background in finance and business with extensive experience in governance, business strategy, mergers, acquisitions and operational transformation.
Myriam recently led the leading and largest management accounting body (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) through a major programme of change and she is particularly proud to have done that as the second woman president in almost 100 years. Myriam’s non-executive roles to date include;
- Non-Executive Director, Audit and Risk Assurance committee of the UK Governments department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Global President and Chairman of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chairman of the Board of the Joint Venture Verein, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants incorporated in Switzerland,
- Non-Executive Director of the Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants headquartered in New York,
- Chairman of the Appointments Committee (CIMA) and the Nominations committee (AICPA).
While Myriam was born and educated in Ireland, her career has been based in the UK with assignments in Europe and the US. Myriam now lives in Edinburgh with her husband and son. Myriam enjoys cycling and learning to play golf.